9.15.2010

our day.

The day I got my best friend, my sweet pea, my love for all eternity back in my life and
arms!

After making our way to Camp Pendelton that mid summers night I quickly dolled myself up. I put on my favorite dress that I had planned to wear just for this once in a lifetime (hopefully) occasion. I makeupd myself, lotioned myself, and spent more then enough time perdying myself... I then waited on the bed while Talon and Tres slept peacefully in the bed next to OURS in OUR Camp P hotel. While I waited I watched the boob tube. It distracted me... For two whole minutes... My everything was nearing and the time was ticking! Around 1am I finally closed my lined and colored lids. It had been a long day of driving to Cali and I knew I needed some rest before I couldn't sleep in the nights ahead of me. Around 1:30am my phone rang! I nearly fell off the bed to hear my loves voice ask me to get some rest. He wouldn't be on base until 3. So I tried and failed to get that rest. Instead I redolled myself up and changed into jeans and a sweater. (SD is freezing in the middle of summer at 3am!) and THEN... I patiently waited. and waited.

And THEN... The phone rang. again.

While driving to area 41 my heart felt like it might explode into a million pieces! The thousands of emotions I was feeling were unlike anything I had ever felt. It was 3:30am and I was sitting in the middle of the back seat with our two little men dozing in and out on both sides of me. Paul (PJs Dad) was driving our durango and Penny (his Ma) sitting beside him. We pulled into that oh so familiar parking lot and I saw MARINES! My heart sank and I sucked back my tears. We dove out of the car but walked casually to that barb wire fence which stood between us and our Marine. We actually ended up standing there watching for about a hour as just about each and every marine walked out from behind that Satan like barb wire fence. By now I was calmer and a little more collected. But nothing prepared me for what stood just over my shoulder.


For some reason or another I turned around. (Pretty sure God tapped me on the shoulder) About 30 ft in front of me stood the Marine I had been dreaming of, the one man who never let me down, who was always there even when he wasn't was now standing in front of ME... Words can't even begin to describe the way I felt, I guess because it's one of those feelings you could say was indescribable. Without a beat of my heart I ran to my Marine! I wrapped my entire body around him and kissed his face about 22 times. And I think it was around 22 that I realised I was being a little selfish... He then headed straight for Talon, he picked him up and kissed him, Talon wide eyed and contented. I then handed him Tres and stood back. I stared for a moment at my husband, my one true love was standing in front of me. It was a most surreal instant that I will never ever forget.


In those few minutes that felt like seconds we were givin before he had to get back to work that morning, I cried the most happiest and thankful tears. That morning was the day our lives together as a whole had really finally started. As I cried I thanked God for my husband, for his strength and for mine, for his courage, for our love, for his safety, and for our beautiful family repeatedly and have continued to do so each day ever since.

When we argue I remind myself that life is too short, when we have our days I remind myself that life is too short, when we have no money and we are absolutely stressed to the MAX I remind myself that life is TOO short, and when I am kissing him and life is simply beautiful I remind myself that life is just wayyyy too short. So I try hard not to sweat the small stuff. I've never been happier then I am now. I never knew life could be so crazy and terrific. I cannot wait for ten, 20, FIFTY years down the road to see where we have landed! Wherever we are, I know we'll be alright, because we've got our love! The kind of love that I dreamed about! The kind of love I read about! The kind of love I always wanted but never thought I'd be lucky enough to get! I've got that! And I do feel so lucky and so so blessed! Thank you husband for being that man in my dreams! You are my night and shinning armor and my love for all eternity.

Sorry. I just got a lil distracted there.... I swear I didn't mean to get all mooshy gooshy lovey dovey on you. Forgive me if you had to take a barf break... I should have warned you to have your brown bag or bowl handy...

I'm sure my lover will like it. That's what really matters.

3 comments:

Beau, Ashley, + Noah said...

Thanks for bringing on the tears. I'm so happy your family is all reunited and you're so happy! You should be, you are a lucky girl. Love you all.!

Sarah Haslem said...

fantastical. totally love this.
im so so glad you shared~
love you guys.

Audree_buttercup said...

Sometimes we need the mushy lovey posts to go back and read during the tough times. <3