10.01.2010

Let the good times roll!

So today has been a beautiful day. Started with laundry, getting Talyman ready for school, helping Talyman cleanup his room, cookies for breakfast (which I didn't tell my husband, but am sure he'll read this and find out), Treser wandering and googling all over the place as usual, and my lover arriving home after a long night at the office.

After dropping Taly off at school I listened to talk radio which I have been doin as of late. This is not a typical McKenna thing (just ask my husband) but it's been a bit more attractive to my ears and mind these past few days driving to and from my new job.

As I was driving the short distance home I listened to some man take a phone call from some women whom lived in new Jersey or somewhere in that area. She started saying that we all blame our government for the way things have been going and for the way our economy has fallen like a mad women in these past few years... She went on to say that she thinks America is just so greedy and lives well over their means. And all this time I'm nodding my head and mumbling strangeness from my mouth. The man agreed with this lady as I did and told her that he believes we are a country in love with materialistic value. We fight to have the best house, the better car, the best of the best everything! He went on to say, when we our buying these houses, cars, boats etc... that we can't actually afford a day sometimes comes along where Daddy or Mommy of the household winds up losing their income and the easy way out is to blame our government! But, he did go on to say that it's also true that banks and government have aided us in our stupidity. Which my head bobbled up and down to. (because I have been stupid)

I've been feeling a funny way lately... Pudge and I forced ourselves to write down all of our bills for the next three months, the other day. You see, when Pudge got home we were led to believe that we would be paid so many times on so many certain days after his deployment. And believe me, I was beyond grateful to be receiving those payments even after Pudge was back in our home. But August 20th came and went and we did NOT receive his last installment from the military. This was a mighty shame in the Barwick household. We were set to move September 1st and had givin our thirty day notice just 5 days before we received a empty bank account. Soon later we found our account to be around $800 in the negative because we had started to spend that installment that was actually never installed. Boy, was that a shocker.

If you're thinking "Wow, -$800" think again, we HAD to find a way to move! So, we dug ourselves a even more ginormous hole and turned our souls to a thieving money advancement place. Before doing so mind you, I tried anything and EVERYTHING! I called every military onesource and every military website I could think of to get just a wee bit of help so that we would be able to move into a tad larger home (maybe 100ft larger)with a MUCH nicer neighborhood, and none of these so called military help hotlines could help because PJ is a reservists who just so happened to be active in Afghanistan for the past year!!! But that didn't matter to them now... What mattered to them was the he was not at the moment active duty. The day that we decided to get that loan we pulled into a church parking lot and prayed. PJ prayed aloud for our family. for the strength to get through these hard times. for a miracle.. And we cried. PJ is a real manly man sort of guy (so he probably wont appreciate the last comment) but just so ya know he doesn't usually cry... First time since he'd been home actually. ha! Anyway, we got that extra $400 loan from Advance America so that we could move into our new humble abode. It's perfect. Small, quaint, and cozy.

So now that this hole has been dug we are working to fill it back up with the dirt (money) that we need to survive this lil ol world. I feel we've been humbled in many great ways. We've been challenged and tested it seems. and the prize for all of this? We've come together as a whole, and we are so much stronger. I defiantly have changed and improved my way of thinking in a lot of ways. As I see it now: our life is a test to God! And I do believe the way we live it is our choice. But if God was to knock on my door tomorrow, I know I wouldn't be ready to let him in. I'd like to be more ready. I'm sure I'll never be perfect, and I have a feeling that I'd always hesitate a little if he really came a knockin... But, I love him so. He's helped us through so much... The least I can do is invite him in.

I really do wonder if he's up there playing a board game which is actually our life's... Wouldn't that be comical?

I don't quite know where I was headed with all that... Tres woke from his nap a bit ago and Pudge stopped by to bring me flowers (YAY) so, I was a little distracted... I guess I was just meaning to say that I hope I can always be humbled and challenged. I hope I can live within my needs in happiness. I hope I am not a selfish person, and I hope I can always be a giver and not a want want wanter. Right now the good times are rollin. Although they are rollin on a bumpy road, they are rollin... It feels pretty great to have such good times in such hard times.

Well I'm outa here. hope you all have a fantastic weekend! (I think Tres just got stuck in the dish washer??!!)

Good night St. G!

2 comments:

Sarah Haslem said...

you just described life perfectly to a "T".
It's always good, hard, crazy, wonderful, the list could go on...
Love this post.
love you guys.
Your faith astounds me.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this post! My husband is alsoa reservist, so I know how that goes. I sure hope we don't have an issue with his re-enlistment money!