2.02.2010

Talyman...



The dude is cool. Just yesterday while standing in front of the bathroom mirror I noticed a 3 ft, blond haired boy looking into the same mirror with a backwards slanted hat on and the exact words that came out of his mouth were "it's cool huh?" After I realized the higher pitch thrown in towards the end of that question I was a little floored... He thinks he's such a gangsta, but he's the sweetest little man I know. And him being mine has nothing to do with it!

I've faced it, Talon's favorite place to go just isn't church. We went the weekend before we left for Idaho and I decided to venture into Primary with him... WOW, you should have seen the look of shock on this kids face! I couldn't figure out if he was thinking "what is wrong with these people?" or "what is wrong with my Mom for never bringing me to such a freakin cool place!" Well, This last Sunday he confirmed the second one to be true although the look on his face did lean more towards "what is wrong with these people?" the last time, I think THIS TIME he may have started to think "humm... Maybe this is what normal people do???" So he went along with it. And a mighty fine job of going along with it he did! He actually danced the little jigs (head, shoulders, knees, and toes and other songs of that sort) and he even tried to sing. When the teacher asked for attention well, Talon was good about it for the most part. Lets just say there were other kids that distracted the class more then him. I was one proud Momma and after primary I asked him if he'd like to go to class with Mason (his cousin). He accepted Masons little hand and I walked proudly behind. When we reached the class I decided I'd stay. This teacher was actually subbing for the childrens regular this particular Sunday, so I'm not sure how much she enjoyed mine and Tres' presence, I think we may have made her feel a little uncomfortable, but had no intentions of that at all! So sorry Mrs....... ummm I'm just a horrible student. But she was a very nice teacher and did a GREAT job of getting the kids to listen and participate. She was even able to get Talon to participate, and I probably shouldn't sound so surprise (I am his Mother of course) but I've never seen him in a actual classroom setting before. He did GREAT! I was stunned that he did just as well as the other children in the classroom! He answered questions such as what do you tell Heavenly Father you are thankful for when you pray? His answer "I'm thankful for PJ!" My heart melted undoubtedly. After that Mason and Tal talked quite a bit about PJ, maybe too much, but of course I didn't mind. When the class was coming to a close Mrs. blank asked one last question "what do we do when we get ready to pray?" Talon raised his hand and spoke abruptly "You close your eyes, fold your arms, and eat dinner!" Haaaaaaa he was rather hungry towards the end of class and looked at me while he spoke. Almost with a dirty look I do believe (he'd been asking for some string cheese throughout the whole class but I wouldn't give him any because I didn't have enough for all of the children).




Well, last night my little man surprised me again, after finishing up on cooking dinner for My sister, her boys, myself, and Talon we sat at the dinner table to hearty feast. We all dug in, but one little guy sat quietly, I looked up and he had his eyes closed and his arms folded and he said "I'm thankful for PJ, amen." It was like music to my ears! He confirmed it, we'll be attending church every Sunday from now on.

He's growing up so fast and getting taller and skinnier daily! He says the cutest and nastiest things sometimes, but I can't help but sit back and love the thought of every word that comes out of that little mouth. Here are a few things my little Talon just loves to say to his Mommy, partly so I can remember, and partly so he can apologize to me and laugh with me about it at all someday...



"Mom, clean your room!" I don't blame him for that one.
"Mom can you wipe the table off? It has germs."
"Mom, can I go play with my girls?" There are a few girls that he likes to play with at the park across the street. He calls them my girls because he is unsure of their names. Surprisingly he came home the other day asking to play with Lindsy, I guess that means he's making friendship progress?
"Mom can I play with my scary kids?" He calls the boys in the neighborhood this I think partially because I was naughty and told him they weren't very nice after one of them STOLE HIS SKATEBOARD and I had to go retrieve it, and partially because they really aren't very nice to him. But he continues to ask to play with them, so when he gets real lucky and I can see them ALL through my window, I let him go out.
Lately while speaking to Talon about his bad behavior after timeouts he looks up at me with his hands out in front of him and eagerly asks... "WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS?"
Every morning he runs to my bedroom and says "Mom get up!"
After waking me from the 3 hours of beauty sleep I'd just received he says "get me a snack!" and I reply "no, it's morning you don't get brownies for breakfast" and because brownies are all he ever REALLY wants to eat, we compromise with some chocolaty cereal which is probably equally unhealthy.
In recent soccer, football, and baseball games with Talon I've found that he can be a bossy lil bleep at times. He likes to say things like "stand here" "don't run" "tackle me! no, NOT LIKE THAT!" He knows how he likes to play, and he's not one for messing around.
He also asks things like "How did you sleep? You sleep good?" "How are you today Mom" right after I ask him of course. And when the day comes to a end he always asks "Mom will you read two or three books tonight?" With a suddle pitch change when he says three. But he usually passes out after two.
He also likes to ask "what time is it" at very random times throughout the day. Which he usually follows with "Can we go to donalds?"
and last but not least Talon seems to think he is a transformer slash ninja... This makes for some pretty noisy days and a occasional pat on the back from his ninja sword. Most of my days consist of Talon running back and forth throughout the house with all that endless energy making noises that I don't even think some transformers can make. My Mom tells me I should record him and he could become a sound double. haha... Maybe I'll record him so you all can hear. I think anyone in their right mind would get a kick out of it.

He's also been such a good big brother to Tres and helps his Momma so much with him. When I shower he gives him a binky when he cries, and plays in front of him. Sometimes he even shares his toys with him by stacking them all around him. At night he gets out of bed to tell me about every little noise Tres makes. He always wants to hold him and even asks me to take pictures of them together. He's a proud big brother and it's so fun to watch.



Peej and I recently came to the conclusion that we're going to HAVE to take Talon to Disneyland for his 5th Birthday! Talon will be turning 5 June 3rd and we will be in CALI! I'm so excited to see his big brown eyes light up when he sees Mickey!



He's getting so big, and I just couldn't be anymore proud. Hence the reason you got to hear all about him! Thanks for listening.

love always, McKenna Barwick

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of our boy! I miss you guys so much. I found a way to get on here but I can't do it very much because I am no supposed to. I say "Eat the apple F the corps." I am gonna stick it to the man anyway I can. Awww honey I miss you so much. Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love you. You are my strength and for that I thank you. Remember we dove into the pool, hit the bottom, and now we are swimming for air. I need you, my oxygen. I swear my lungs are about to burst but I know they can hold. I love you.

~..kass..~ said...

1st of all LUCKY pj got on here!!!! Darren was SO bummed that blogs are totally blocked for them :(
2nd of all Talon is such a stud! I wish we still lived at home because I really think he would get along with my kiddos :)
& we are also doing Disneyland as a huge reward to the kiddos for holding strong this last year with out daddy :)

Kenna said...

It's blocked for Peej too! He (secretly) found a way around the block. He's kind of a computer nerd. I'll ask him if there is a trick!

Laier said...

I am super proud of you Kenners you are a wonderful mother and your babies are so lucky to have you! I miss you can we please catch up soon.. I will bring baby Krae over so we can all sit together and chat chit...please pretty please =) love you!