9.21.2010

Panclocks?

Do people ACTUALLY call pancakes, PANCLOKS in a serious manner? I've heard of such a thing before, but I wonder.... Could it actually be so? At any rate... I made PANCAKES this morning. They were wheat and I didn't read the directions because I was in a hurry. I wish I would have taken a picture! But again, I was in a hurry. So I made a batch for around 20... In the end they turned out alright... I really have no idea why I'm telling you this... I guess to say follow directions, or don't, and just laugh at yourself. And then be glad when they turn out alright. I was pretty glad.

When I got to Talons school this morning I saw a sign that said
"Parent's and Pastries TODAY!"
And I was like WTF (excuse the phrase! I didn't say it out loud, but it was def what I was thinking!) I had not once heard of anything to do with parents and pastries! And I LOVE MAKING PASTRIES! So you can understand my disappointment! I called my husband up and in a state of panic I explained the situation. Of course he's all calm and collected and I'm on the other end of the line huffin and heavin or heavin and huffin? (Neither of those sound right...) So, he opted to call the school and find out just what was going on. I got off the phone and stopped for some gas.

After filling up and grabbin myself a jo I was off to work and Pudge rang me. This is what he said "It was a day where we could go to the his class and read to him while the kids ate the pastries that the parents had made for them" and then I felt like poo. I said "Well.... DID YOU ASK WHY WE DIDN'T GET A NOTE ABOUT THIS DAY???" and he replied "No, but I'm sure it was one of the days that Talon was sick that they sent the note home" Irritated with the fact that he was chewing on SOMETHING and totally carefree about the situation I said "Well don't you think they could have sent it with him the NEXT day or something???" (or something to that effect?)Pudge- "Well yeah, but I'm sure they didn't plan to not send that note home with him, or maybe they did and then he lost it, who knows?" And then I came to my sad realization that he was right.
On my drive to work I was still a little upset but came to the conclusion that I shouldn't be thinking the way I was thinking. I'm pretty sure the teachers didn't scheme up some plan to make sure Talon didn't get that note to us. I'm just thankful to have someone there to slap me when I'm actin a fool!

Side Note: in case you were wondering what we look like when we sleep...



Well, now ya know! If you're thinking what the freak!? Think on! Wouldn't you like to know what EVERYONE looks like when they're sleeping! I know I sure do! Haha... BTW I drule and sometimes Pudge puts his face on it, and then I laugh. And aren't my angels even more angel like when they're sleeping! I LOVE that Pudge took these pictures when he first got home! I think that means he luffs us A LOT! And now I can always remember what my babies looked like BEFORE they became meanagers!



P.S. Pudges picture soon to come! Just don't tell him!
P.S.S. maybe I should change my middle name to random?

3 comments:

Candice and Quinn said...

I just love You McKenna, you and your posts!

Kaytee Postma said...

You are such a gifted writer! You should definitely publish these so you always have them. www.blurb.com if you haven't heard.

Audree_buttercup said...

The Randomness is what makes your blog fun to read. It's like we are sitting a room chatting about your day, and all the tangents that come from a conversation like that. Love the sleeping pics, just need one of the hubs to be complete. :)